INSEC library is the first library of Human Rights in Nepal. It was established in 1990.
Objectives of INSEC library are as follow:
- To collect, maintain and catalogue literature, photographs, video documentaries, video footages and other documents on Human Rights.
- To disseminate literature and information on human rights to researchers, human rights activists, law makers, political leaders, students, government officials and anyone involved and interested in human rights.
INSEC library has more than 6 thousand documents including books, journals, reports, articles, conference papers, news clippings, CDs, photographs (printed & digital), video documentaries and video footages. Books, reports, journals & articles, video documentaries and footages are all catalogued in computerized database. INSEC library database will be available in the Internet through Digital Asset Management (DAM) System in the near future.
Facilities in INSEC library:
- Spacious for reading and study
- 10 thousand 2 hundred and 93 books, reports, articles, news clippings and journals on Human Rights (as of August 2012)
- All INSEC publications available in digital format
- Collection of photographs and video footages
- Visitors can search INSEC database and browse collections (Library staff are available to assist them)
- Delivery of search results by email
- Internet access (free), photocopy and laser printing
INSEC Library is a reference library.
Please visit INSEC Library Facebook Page and Like it for more update on it.